Monday 19 November 2012

Yummiest Gluten Free, Low Salicylate Pasta that KIDS WILL LOVE (and adults too)

This is my absolute favourite failsafe pasta dish that I am proud to have invented myself! I adore it and so does my son :)

It is wheat free, gluten free, nut free, low in salicylates (or moderate if you prefer sweet potato) and delicious!

It does contain dairy however goats cheese is generally better tolerated than cows. I find that I can tolerate it ok but I am not as sensitive to dairy as some.

Ingredients:
  • 1 packet of organic brown rice pasta or Orgran rice, garlic and parsley pasta shells.
  •  A few potatoes or 1-2 sweet potatoes if you can tolerate something from the moderate salicylate category now and then, I have started introducing sweet potato, pumpkin and peas with success, I love it with sweet potato but fine if you can only use potato.
  •  Celtic sea salt
  •  1 packet of fresh goats cheese (find at health food store or markets, can even be found at normal supermarkets generally now) if you cannot access this use cottage or ricotta cheese
  •  250gms of homemade, organic butter from pasture fed cows (you should also be able to get organic butter from your local health food store or markets)
  •  A bunch of shallots
  •  2 leeks
  •  A small amount of organic, cold pressed sunflower oil or more butter for roasting the potato/sweet potato
Method:
Put the oven on 200 degrees or around 400 fahrenheit and peel and chop potato/sweet potato into small bite size pieces, about 2cm cubed, place on a baking tray with some oil/butter and some celtic sea salt and put it in the oven until it is nice and golden brown and cooked through.

Place some water onto boil

While it is cooking chop up the leeks and shallots into slices and place in the frying pan on medium heat with a decent amount of butter and cook until golden brown

Once water is boiling cook up the pasta, as soon as it is ready, strain and mix through the fresh goats cheese.
When everything is else is cooked, throw it all into the pot of cooked pasta with goats cheese and mix it all around, put in a little more salt if you feel it needs it.

ENJOY! Such a simple delicious meal. I hope you love it as much as I do :)

I will leave you with some affirmations by the beautiful Louise Hay, say these to yourself throughout the day, in the morning, in bed at night, as you cook and in the shower. Remember to tell yourself that you love yourself and that you accept yourself. Especially in the mirror.

"My life gets more fabulous every day. I look forward to what each new hour brings."
"I am a radiant being, enjoying life to the fullest."
"I know that old, negative patterns no longer limit me. I let them go with ease."
I have really been enjoying reading her books and listening to her audio Cd's, I highly recommend it.

Much support and healing thoughts to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment