Monday 19 November 2012

My Version of Sandra's Low Salicylate- No Tomato Sauce

Since undertaking a low salicylate diet I have craved bolognese and pasta NON-STOP, I have actually been known to cry because I just want to eat some bolognese, HAHA! Slightly ridiculous for a grown woman but what can I say? It's tough not being able to eat the food you truly love and have grown up with. I found this recipe on Frilly Pants Real Failsafe Meals http://realfailsafemeals.blogspot.com.au/ and slightly adapted it. It does contain a small amount of sweet potato which is moderate in sals but this is optional. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did <3

Also don't worry if you don't have a Thermomix, put the ingredients in a food processor and then cook on the stove, hopefully this will work well, I have only tried it in Thermomix

Ingredients:
1 Can red kidney beans
2 leeks- cut in large chunks
2-3 cloves garlic- peel them and leave whole
a few saffron threads soaked in 1/2 cup water (saffron threads optional, must use water)
1 pear- peeled and cut in half
1/2 sweet potato cut into large chunks (*WARNING mod sals, can be omitted)
2 tablespoons of butter (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon citric acid
1 packet of pasta (I used Gluten/Wheat free Organic Mung Bean Futtucini- ingredients certified organic green mung beans, water) I found it at Mrs Flannery's.
Put all ingredients except water and pasta in the Thermomix and pulverise on speed 8 for 8 seconds
Add water with soaked saffron threads
With the MC cup in place cook for 25 minutes on speed 3 at 100 degrees
While cooking put some water onto boil and make your pasta, strain, mix sauce in, sprinkle a little cheese that you tolerate on top if you wish.
I found this delicious and has totally fixed my epic cravings for bolognese haha!!
Enjoy :)

If you would like to have a home demonstration of the Thermomix in action (and have me cook you and your family/a few friends a 6 course meal, catering to any food intolerances) in Brisbane please email me on jessrems@gmail.com and I will be in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment